CVSA Online Community Forums Guidelines
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Association, Inc (CVSA) encourages users not to disclose personal information on the CVSA Message Board Forums. CVSA, Inc cannot be held responsible or liable for the use of any information that users provide within this public forum. CVSA recommends that users do not share personal information such as postal address, phone number, social security numbers, credit card umbers, etc.
Users may not post any e-mail addresses, or personal or business information other than their own on any area of this site. Users will be held responsible and may be criminally liable for the posting of any other individual's personal or business's information.
2. All communications between users of CVSA Forums via message boards chat or any other means of communication supplied by CVSA, Inc are public and not private communications. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by users of CVSA Message Board Forums are wholly their own and not necessarily those of CVSA, Inc. CVSA, Inc reserves the right to remove any messages with or without notice. CVSA, Inc also reserves the right to ban users for any reason without notification.
THE COMMUNICATIONS AREAS OF CVSA, INC SHALL BE USED FOR LAWFUL PURPOSES ONLY. NO MATERIAL SHALL BE POSTED ON OR TRANSMITTED THROUGH CVSA, INC MESSAGE BOARD FORUMS WHICH VIOLATES OR INFRINGES IN ANY WAY UPON THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS, WHICH IS UNLAWFUL, THREATENING, ABUSIVE, DEFAMATORY, INVASIVE OF PRIVACY OR PUBLICITY RIGHTS, VULGAR, OBSCENE, PROFANE, INDECENT, WHICH ENCOURAGES CONDUCT THAT WOULD CONSTITUTE A CRIMINAL OFFENSE, GIVES RISE TO CIVIL LIABILITY OR IS OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE.
3. We encourage everyone to present his or her own opinions, personal experiences, questions, and concerns in this forum. You must refrain from making any diagnosis or prescription of treatment.
For example, you can say that you or your child had the same symptoms and were diagnosed with abdominal migraines, but you cannot tell another person he/she has abdominal migraines.
Prescription of treatment includes stating the dosage of medication prescribed. You can say that you take Zofran for vomiting every 4 hours. You cannot say you take a specific mg. of Zofran for vomiting or advise someone to take Zofran or any other prescription or over the counter medications.
4. Use the CVSA Message Boards responsibly. Do not use the Message Boards as a forum for personal correspondence with any one member. Posts should be relevant to the CVSA online community. Stay on the topic of Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome and it's related medical matters.
5. Do not use all upper cases when writing. This is thought of as shouting.
6. SPAM will not be tolerated.
7. No advertising or promotion statements are permitted on CVSA, Inc message boards. CVSA, Inc reserves the right to remove any message with promotional or advertising statements or links to other sites in it. CVSA, Inc is not responsible for the content of any site that is linked within CVSA, Inc message boards.
CVSA, Inc. may disclose user information to government authorities at their discretion or when required by law. CVSA, Inc may also disclose user information when CVSA, Inc has reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with its rights or property, other CVSA Message Board Forums users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
By registering for CVSA Message Board Forums, you agree to indemnify CVSA, Inc., its employees, representatives, and agents, and hold them harmless from any and all claims (including claims for legal fees) which may arise from your participation on the CVSA Message Board Forums. You also agree that CVSA, Inc is not responsible for the materials posted by users of the CVSA Message Board Forums. In addition, you grant CVSA, Inc., and its affiliates, worldwide, royalty-free perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any message or content posted on CVSA Message Board Forums and/or e-mail sent by you to CVSA Message Board Forums or CVSA Inc. (in whole or in part).
Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Association, Inc (CVSA) makes no claims that information dispersed through message boards or other means is accurate or reliable. Also CVSA, Inc cannot be held liable for any statements made by users of CVSA, Inc Message Board Forums. Users are responsible and liable for all activities while participating on CVSA, Inc message boards. Users are responsible for anything they post and for protecting their own computer system. CVSA, Inc recommends that you install a virus protection program on your computer.
Some content and links on the internet may contain adult content that may not be suitable for children. CVSA, Inc is not responsible for any content or links to adult material that is posted by users on CVSA, Inc Message Board Forums.
Users are responsible for any actions they may take based on advice or information they receive on line. Users should use their own good judgment in evaluating information received on line.